Pages

Wednesday 1 September 2010

RIPTV

I knew this would always happen, I experienced it in Liverpool many months previously but the emotional attachment (or possibly just inconvenience) was never there for me to prepare myself. Now I feel lost, confused. Finally empathetic towards the people they aimed the really slow, overly calm and simple digital switchover adverts at, all that time ago.

Photobucket

They forgot about me though. I have a portable television suspended inches off my ceiling by a large metal bracket. How does a girl like me get a digital box for that kind of set up?

Do I take it off the bracket and place it slovenly on my desk?

Risk holes in my wardrobe where it once hung firm?

If I knew this would always happen, why does it upset me so?

It's the sad flicker of no signal, and the realisation that money needs to be spent.

But more than that, never again will I have the luxury of a ad-break game of Tetris thanks to my old skool tv with it's in built retro gaming remote.

No comments:

Post a Comment